Hello all! Today i will tell you all about Benefits Of Turmeric Powder For Skin.
One of my favorite DIY skin masks is made using benefit-rich turmeric. Turmeric Powder has been all the craze for dietary reasons but did you also know that it can also help your skin?
Benefits of turmeric powder for skin and health are known to everyone of us.
Indian brides have long used turmeric body scrubs and face masks to purify and cleanse their bodies as well as provide a healthy glow by brightening their skin right before their weddings.
Turmeric, a herb used as a main ingredient in curry, can benefit your skin as a home remedy for acne, dry skin, wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes.
Read on and check out these 10 benefits of turmeric powder for skin that can solve most of your skin problems.
10 Benefits Of Turmeric Powder For Skin
1. Turmeric mask for acne
2. Turmeric powder for acne scars
3. Turmeric for wrinkles
4. Turmeric for ageing skin
5. Turmeric for tan removal
6. Turmeric for glowing skin
7. Turmeric Powder for zits
8. Turmeric for skin moisturisation
9. Turmeric for skin whitening
10. Turmeric for fresh skin
Read further to know more about benefits of turmeric powder for skin in detail.
1. Turmeric Mask For Acne
Turmeric has anti- inflammatory properties that can heal any skin problem.
1. Combine 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder and 2 drops of lemon juice.
2. Apply the mixture on the affected areas, massaging gently in circular motions.
3. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Wet your fingers and scrub gently in circular motion.
4. Rinse with water and pat dry.
5. Repeat the process 3 times in a week.
[ Read Here : Lakme Products For Glowing Skin One Must Own ]
How often should you use turmeric mask?
You can use turmeric mask twice a week for best results. Turmeric has anti inflammatory properties that can heal acne and fade out scars and dark spots.
What does turmeric face mask do?
Turmeric is high in anti oxidants, that slow down cell damage. It improves skin texture. It also helps in reducing acne, pigmentation and even out the skin tone. There are so many benefits of turmeric powder for skin that can help to resolve all your skin problems.
2. Turmeric For Acne Scars
1. Make a mixture of turmeric and water, apply it on your face for 15 minutes and wash it off.
2. Alternatively, nix 2 tbsp of gram flour, half tbsp of turmeric and 3 tbsp of fresh thick yoghurt.
3. Apply the pack on your face and leave until it dries completely. Wash your face using cold water.
4. Do this once or twice a week to get rid of acne scars completely.
3. Turmeric For Wrinkles
The first important ingredient is of course turmeric, you will need at least 2 tbsp, the second most important is coconut oil.
1. Now mix 2 tbsp of turmeric powder with ½ spoon coconut oil to make a thick paste.
2. Apply it on your face for 30 minutes and wash the pack with lukewarm water.
3. Do this twice a week for best results.
Can i leave turmeric on my face overnight?
Yes, you can leave turmeric on your face overnight but only if the mixture you are applying does not contain large amount of turmeric. As turmeric has a very strong color which can make your face look yellow in the morning.
4. Turmeric For Ageing
Slow down ageing with a mixture of turmeric powder and milk or yoghurt.
1. Mix turmeric powder and yoghurt to make a thick paste.
2. Apply it in a circular motion on the face and leave it on until it dries and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Repeat this every alternate day or great results.
[ Read Here : 5 Homemade Face Masks For Dry Skin That Works ]
5. Turmeric For Tan
1. Prepare a mixture of turmeric and lime juice and leave it on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
2. Alternatively, make a paste of a pinch of turmeric and a tablespoon of milk powder in 2 tbsp of honey and the juice of half a lime.
3. Apply it on your face and leave it on till it dries. Rinse your face and feel the difference.
How can i get rid of my tan fast?
Mix turmeric powder and lime juice to make a thick paste. Apply this mixture on affected areas and leave it until dry. And Voila! say bye to tanning.
6. Turmeric For Glowing Skin
The turmeric and besan ( gram flour ) face pack is one of the most effective face packs to brighten up your skin.
1. Combine 4 spoons of besan, about ½ a spoon of turmeric powder and a little milk until it forms a smooth paste. ( make sure that the paste is not so runny otherwise it will mess up everything )
2. Apply this paste to your face and allow it to stay on for about 20 minutes before you wash it off.
3. Apply moisturizer afterwards as it can sometimes dry out your skin.
4. Use this face pack at least once a week for a glowing complexion.
This benefits of turmeric powder for skin is also used by so many Indian brides to get glowing skin for their big day.
7. Turmeric Powder For Zits
1. Take one spoon of turmeric and mix it with honey and a few drops of lemon juice.
2. Apply it on your face and rinse after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
3. Then wash with cold water immediately to reduce the size of your pores.
4. Do this every alternate day for best results.
8. Turmeric For Skin Moisturizing
1. All you need is a bit of carrot powder and turmeric.
2. Then, you have to add it to a fragrance-free, natural face lotion.
3. Use the moisturizer in the morning and it will heal skin, keep skin free from blemishes and give you a healthy glow.
[ Read Here : Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair And Skin ]
9. Turmeric For Skin Whitening
1. Combine 2 tbsp of honey with ¼ tbsp of turmeric.
2. Apply an even layer over the skin. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
3. Repeat the process 3 times in a week.
Honey helps to lock moisture in skin cells, soothes sun burns and treats acne. This combination is perfect for people with normal and combination skin.
How long will it take for acne scars to fade out?
It totally depends on your skin and the life of scars , if your scars are way too old then it may take some more time to fade. But if you are using home remedies then you need to be patient and regular to get the best and desired result.
10. Turmeric For Fresh Skin
1. Make a paste of neem leaves, sandalwood powder, tulsi leaves and 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
2. Mix all of these to make a thick paste.
3 Leave this pack on your face for 1 hour, and then rinse it off with plain water.
After that don’t apply anything on face for better results.
NOTE – Turmeric has a very strong colour, it stains everything very easily. So it is recommended to wear your old clothes and gloves while doing any of these remedies.
So girls, here are all the benefits of turmeric powder for skin.Do try them and tell us how they work for you.
If you found this article useful please share your feedback in the comments section below.
For more such article you can subscribe to our newsletter. Click here to subscribe.
You can follow us on social media as well on the links provided below